The 11th Outdoor Trade Show (OTS 2016) closed its doors on Thursday 8th September following a hugely successful event, according to the outstanding feedback received from exhibitors so far. 965 trade visitors attended the show over the two day show, which was host to the latest products and innovations within the outdoor industry.
OTS Organiser Marta Williams comments: “Although the overall attendance figure decreased, which is likely due to the lateness of the show in the buying calendar, we have received a lot of positive feedback about good quality visitors and increased sales from the majority of exhibitors we have spoken to so far. Save the date for next year’s show, 11th-13th July 2017.”
Multiple retailers present at this year’s show included JD Sports, Go Outdoors, Amazon, Decathlon, Cotswold Outdoors, Blacks & Millets, Yeomans, Ellis Brigham and TK Maxx, as well as a broad selection of independent outdoor, camping and caravan retailers.
OTS welcomed 100 exhibitors to the show this year, with over 20 exhibiting at the show for the first time, including Aquapac, Brita Water Filters, Hydrate Mate, Lifesaver, Maier and Snapperstuff – they joined regular exhibitors, returning to OTS for the 11th year in a row, such as Whitby and Co, Snugpak, Target Dry, Nikwax, Trespass, Keela, Lyon Equipment, Arctic Fox, Mycoal, Rosker, Burton McCall and AMG Group (Vango), as well as Mountain Boot Company, Regatta, Ardblair Sports Importers and Buffera, who all doubled their stand sizes for this year’s show to showcase even more exciting new products to visitors. Outdoor exhibitors include Blue Diamond, Bradcot Awnings, Cabanon, Dorema, Eurotrail, Leisurewize, Regatta, Rosker, Snugpak, Terra Nova, Vango and Zempire.
- Steve Walton, UK Sales Manager, Allcord: “We were impressed with the quality of retailers that were in attendance throughout the show. We will definitely re-attend next year. Excellent organisation. Thank you”
- Lee Farthing, Marketing Manager, Miriad Products: “On behalf of us all at Miriad Products our first experience of OTS, showing Brunner Products for the first time has far exceeded our expectations. Having the show over two days seemed to work well as it condensed the visitors. We recorded approximately 40 visitors to our stand on both days many of whom we haven’t dealt with before. Certainly the experience of set up and break down was much easier and more friendly than at other exhibitions. A thoroughly enjoyable few days with you.”
- John Loughlin, Business Development Manager, Celestron: “The “Outdoor” market is a new product area for Celestron, it was our first year attending OTS. The show was perfect for meeting new retailers, it was also a great networking opportunity, an event to discuss and share information on the “Outdoor” market with other suppliers and people within the trade.”
- Vicki Parlour, E-Commerce & Marketing Manager, Powertraveller: “Exhibiting at OTS is absolutely vital for Powertraveller as it allows us to re-connect with our UK distributors and update them on company news and products on a more personal level. It’s also great to catch up with the other brands at the show and develop co-brand opportunities within the outdoor industry.”
- Rob Williams, Director, Prepared 4: “We have been attending the OTS each year for the last 5+ years, with an ever growing presence. It is a great mix of opportunities, from catching up with existing customers and showing new products, to meeting with the potential new customer who had his eye caught by the products on the stand.”
OTS also hosted a dedicated display area for all products entered into the 2017 UK Outdoor Industry Awards, giving the trade an opportunity to see the wide variety of brand new products to the outdoor market. Combining pre-show online votes with expert opinions from the judges panel, the finalists selected in each category were announced in an awards ceremony at the OTS Party, sponsored by Vango, ‘celebrating 50 years outdoors’, which was brand new for this year’s show and attended by 300 guests.
An extensive questionnaire has now been distributed to OTS 2016 exhibitors and visitors to gain further feedback, and the results will be published in due course.
Please save the date for next year’s show, taking place from Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th July 2017, which will once again offer a fantastic opportunity for retailers to see a wide variety of outdoor brands presenting clothing, footwear and accessory products in the exhibition halls, at the same time as allowing camping and caravanning retailers to browse through the hundreds of tents and caravan awnings on display outdoors at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire.
For further information about OTS, please visit the event’s official website www.outdoortradeshow.com or call the show organisers, MCS on 0161 437 4634. You can also follow the show on Twitter (@OTS2016), or like the Outdoor Trade Show page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/OTSshow).